At Storage Choice, we know that wine evolves best under controlled conditions, in the bottle. That’s why we have a climate-controlled wine cellar, offering superior storage for your premium wines at Storage Choice Albion.
Our Storage Choice Albion wine cellar includes:
- Temperature kept at 14 – 16 degrees
- Access 365 days a year, from 6am until 9pm
- Safe & Secure individual storage spaces
- 24 hour Security Video Surveillance
- Competitive Rates
- Easy payment options
- Trolleys onsite
Why is wine bottle storage important?
Queensland’s hot and humid climate has been the thorn in the side of so many wine collectors, investors and merchants. The development of wine is a complex chemical process dramatically affected by all seasonal variations in climate and it’s true that there is a higher incidence of bad bottles in Brisbane than in southern cities. Good wines today can become great wines tomorrow with the correct cellaring – the ideal being a constant 15 degrees Celsius and 70% humidity.
Wine bottle storage suggestions
- Ensure wine is stored at a consistent temperature that is controlled and monitored
- Avoid consistent, direct light as it causes wine to prematurely age and will affect the flavour significantly
- Store sideways to ensure the wine is in contact with the cork, preventing it from spoiling and drying out
- Keep movement and vibration to a minimum to ensure the wine is not agitated and the sediment can settle
What facilities do Storage Choice provide?
Our state-of-the-art purpose-built cellar controls the temperature to 14-16 degrees Celsius and around 70% humidity. Two motors control the climate in the room so that if one should happen to fail the other motor can keep the climate stable. The temperature is monitored electronically 24 hours a day to ensure the room remains at the ideal temperature.